4.5 STARS ✮ CARRIE ELKS ✮ A WINTER'S TALE

| On
Thursday, November 30, 2017

A WINTER'S TALE


The Shakespeare Sisters #2


by

Carrie Elks



✮✮✮ 4.5 STARS ✮✮✮




Struggling film student Kitty Shakespeare is as bad at interviews as she is talented at making films. She's given herself until the end of the year to score an internship in LA, otherwise it'll be back to London with her tail between her legs. Unfortunately the only job offer on the table is as nanny to major producer Everett Klein's son, Jonas. It's not exactly the career she'd hoped for, but if she can get this right, then surely he'll take a moment to look at her work. However, what Kitty hasn't allowed for is Everett's sexy-as-hell brother, Adam - and love at first sight this is not.

Adam Klein may be sexy, but he's also gruff, rude and completely impossible. All he wants to do hole up in his cabin and hide from the brother who destroyed his life. If only he could find it easier to ignore the way Kitty makes his heart race...

As Christmas approaches, Kitty and Adam realise that although the course of true love never does run smooth, just maybe, it's more interesting that way...



I have to admit I was a little nervous going into A Winter’s Tale as its predecessor and opening book in The Shakespeare Sisters series saw me clash somewhat with the characters. But there’s no finer feeling than realising a couple of chapters in that you’re well on the way to being taken to your happy place.
Welcome to Cutler’s Gap. Home of Dead Deer and Sexy Bearded Assholes.”


This book is the reason I love Carrie Elks’ writing: a couple to fall in love with, a magical romance, humour, a smattering of angst and those moments which leave a lump in your throat. I adored Kitty, empathising with her fears and loving her gentler nature, quiet determination and soft heart, but I’d be a liar if I said it wasn’t Adam that stole this book for me, because I have a particular affinity to brooding grumpy men.
All the best fairy tales have bad guys, after all.”
Adam’s ongoing feud with his brother created just the right amount of tension and drama, but I loved how it never took the shine off the romance or the magical Christmas atmosphere, and as Kitty worked her way into his heart smoothing his harsher edges, the romantic in me sighed—they were wonderful together.

I might be an asshole, but I’m not afraid to say when I’m wrong. And this time I’m definitely wrong.”
This series may have had a shakier start for me, but all that didn’t work in Cesca’s story was righted by Kitty’s and I’m looking forward to seeing how Lucy and Juliet’s happy ever afters play out in 2018.







Follow Vanilla & Spice Books


  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9