4 STARS ✮ SAWYER BENNETT ✮ VAN

| On
Tuesday, November 28, 2017

VAN


Cold Fury Hockey #9


by

Sawyer Bennett



✮✮✮ 4 STARS ✮✮✮





As one of the league’s toughest enforcers, Van Turner is ruthless on the ice. He plays hard because it’s the only way to channel the rage boiling inside, and a reputation as an A-hole is better than everyone knowing the truth. Van has spent his entire life running from a secret that’s kept him from getting involved in relationships—or accepting lucrative deals with East Coast teams. Then the Carolina Cold Fury makes him an offer he can’t refuse . . . and Van meets a woman he can’t resist.

Simone Fournier is the stubborn one in her family—and that’s saying something, considering her brothers are two of the Cold Fury’s biggest stars. Simone gets what she wants, and what she wants is Van. Still, there’s a part of him Simone can’t reach, no matter how hard she tries. In private, he’s all fire and passion. In public, he freezes her out. Van may want to push her away, but Simone won’t let him go that easily. Because this time, she’s playing for keeps.




Finally. Finally Sawyer Bennett has brought us a couple more in line with those who featured in the earlier books from her Cold Fury series. More than once have I been ready to part ways with the team due to average storylines and characters after book 3 (and awful covers after book #4 but let's leave that one alone) however I’ve persevered and I’m glad because Van Turner and Simone Fournier delivered the goods.

I’m a pain in your ass, but I’m a sexy pain in your ass and I’m totally hard to resist.”

I’m not going to lie, Simone started on a bit of a sticky wicket as there’s a fine line between being forward, and forcing yourself onto an unwilling party and she was teetering right on the edge of the latter for a moment. Thankfully though, Bennett reigned her in just in time and rather than becoming prospective stalker material, we’re given a young woman who owns her sexuality, isn’t shy with her desires and has a first class honours degree in pushing all Van’s buttons. He may be quiet, brooding and very private, but as the saying goes: the quiet ones are the worst.

I’m going to show you what happens when you aren’t smart enough to stop provoking me.”

I admit I went into this fearing I may struggle with Van due to his portrayal in Lucas. Detached and a man of few words, when he does speak he can be brusque to the point of rudeness, but he has a backstory that was as unexpected as he was, one that has shaped him and explains so much as to why he is the loner he is. Happily, my fears were unfounded and I quickly grew to love him, as I did Simone with her bouncy, straight-talking yet thoughtful personality and relentless flirting. And when Van can no longer fight the attraction, they steam up the pages very nicely with their sexy shenanigans whilst also creating some lovely touching moments as they really get to know one another.

I’ve given you more than I’ve ever given another woman, but I’ve given you my all.”

The Fournier family have pretty much saved this series for me and I’m so pleased Simone and Van were given the story they deserved. For any lover of the Cold Fury series, this is a worthy hot, sexy, fun and heartfelt addition, and one I have no doubt you’ll enjoy hugely.

God he’s dirty, and I love it.”







Follow Vanilla & Spice Books


  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9