4 Stars ✮ ERIN WATT ✮ TWISTED PALACE

| On
Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Twisted Palace

The Royals #3

by

Erin Watt



Like everyone else I have been waiting for the final installment of this series for months now and I've been chewing my nails since I finished Broken Prince. We all have our own theories how this is going to pan out. Now, major spoiler warning: If you haven't read Paper Princess and Broken Prince yet please do not continue. While I try to keep this review as spoiler-free as possible it is impossible not to refer to the previous books. Also, this series has to be read in order.

Ella is a fixture of the Royals, a family member who has finally been accepted, embraced and now deeply loved. She still is a spitfire with a backbone made of steel. Her love for Reed, her former nemesis in the Royals household is blooming, if it wasn't for the new troubles that are looming (hey that rhymes).
Reed is a physical guy, he does everything with his body. Unfortunately this time it comes back to him to bite him in the a$$. I love how Ella brings out the softness in him. He has matured over the course of the story and I really could see some major growth. He loves Ella fiercely and it was lovely to see how sweet he could be with her. Their feelings for each other were unquestionably the most touching part in this book.

Easton is still a punk but you can see his vulnerable heart. He also has grown with Ella in his life.
I have to say, I love Callum. He might not be a great parent but his heart is in the right place. I didn't get enough of him this time around, some events are overshadowing his part in the story. Especially in the end I was expecting a bit of a bonding moment between him and Ella.
I have one complaint about a certain person who is a major jerk and so self absorbed that he almost seems naive. Now Val, Ella's best friend, is a person we all need in our life. She was awesome and I wish she would get her own story.

If you expect major twists you are right to do so. This writer duo is known for turning everything around in the blink of an eye. If you are like me though you will see it coming. I figured it out pretty early in the story, however, that didn't take away from my enjoyment of this book. Some loose ends were not tied up as neatly as I hoped but since Easton will get his own story we might get that there. The resolution came late in the story so the ending felt a little bit rushed for my taste. I also would have loved to see a bit more of the family dynamics of the Royals. We had a lot of that in the last two installments.

Overall this was an enjoyable conclusion to Ella's and Reed's story and I can't wait to see what Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick have in store for Easton!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9