5 Amazeballs Stars

| On
Tuesday, March 01, 2016





“Just out of curiosity,” she says, “after you wake up in the morning, do you admire yourself in the mirror for one hour or two?” “Two,” I reply cheerfully. “Do you high five yourself?” “Of course not.” I smirk. “I kiss each of my biceps and then point to the ceiling and thank the big man upstairs for creating such a perfect male specimen.”

She didn't see him coming. He snuck up on her and stuck to the soles of her shoes like chewing gum you can't get rid of.

Hannah aced the test. Garrett...well...didn't. Since his average grades depend on whether he can play the game that means everything to him he has to find a way to improve his grade on the makeup test. It is pure coincidence that he finds out about Hanna's A so he wants to strike a deal with her. Hannah doesn't like jocks very much. She thinks they are shallow so she avoids them like the plague. Until she sees Justin who seems so different. When Garrett approaches her and tries to convince her to tutor him she slaps a resounding "NO" in his face. But fear not - Garrett has a plan and he lures her into giving in by offering her a way to make Justin interested in her. GAME ON!

The story of Hannah and Garrett is so low angst despite the serious topic Hannah was dealing with I was wondering if I was actually reading a New Adult novel. Miss Kennedy, I bow to you.

There is a lot of back story that I don't want to disclose in my review because I think it's something that should be experienced while reading. For those who need a trigger warning (highlight to see): rape & domestic violence

The banter between Hannah and Garrett was hilarious. I had a lot of laughing out loud moments. I'll post a couple of quotes because, damn, I do want you guys to read this awesome book.

I want to murder him in his sleep, A. No, I want to murder him when he’s awake so he can see the joy on my face when I do it.”

Another one that had me in stitches:

“Him: Confession1 I deleted all the 1 Direction from your iPod when u were in the can.You’re welcome. Me: WHAT?? I’m going to kiss u! Him: With tongue?It takes me a second to realize what happened, at which point I’m completely mortified. Me: Kill u! I meant KILL. u. Damn autocorrect. Him: Surrrrrre. Let’s blame it on autocorrect. Me: Shut it. Him: I think someone wants to kiss me…”
And one more for good measure:


“The second I encounter his erection, my jaw drops.“Oh my God, are you kidding me?”He looks startled. “What’s wrong?”“Are you taking human growth hormones or something?" I snatch my hand back, fighting another rush of nervousness. “There’s no way that huge man monster is fitting inside me!”Garrett’s head abruptly drops in the crook of his arm as a shudder racks his body. At first I think he’s pissed off. Or maybe even crying. It takes several seconds before I realize what’s happening. He’s laughing. Scratch that – he’s in hysterics.”

And those aren't just the best ones. There are lots more where these came from.

I had a blast experiencing these two fall in love. Garrett gave Hannah a run for her money and she loved every step of the way. She was strong and snarky and let her guy work to deserve her. And boy, Garrett...swoon-worthy. He fought for his girl. Even dirty if necessary. They both were well developed characters and the side characters just as awesome. There were amazingly sweet moments between our two main characters.


“How did I go so long without noticing you, damn it? Why did it take seeing a stupid A on your midterm to make me notice?”
He sounds so genuinely upset that I scoot closer and kiss him.
“It doesn’t matter. You know me now.”
“I do,” he says fiercely.


If I  didn't have a couple ARCs lined up which I committed to I'd totally read this series back to back. It's definitely re-reading material and I honestly can't wait to continue with the next book.

One more quote because it was one of my favorites:


“Penises! Sweet Jesus. Penises everywhere. Horror slams into me as I register what I'm seeing. Oh God. I've stumbled onto a penis convention. Big penises and small penises and fat penises and penis-shaped penises. It doesn't matter which direction I move my head because everywhere I look I see penises.”
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9