4 STARS ✮ WHITNEY G. ✮ ON A TUESDAY

| On
Monday, September 25, 2017

ON A TUESDAY

by

Whitney G.


✮✮✮ 4 STARS ✮✮✮










We met on a Tuesday. 
Became best friends, then lovers, on a Tuesday. 
And everything fell apart on a Tuesday... 

Charlotte Taylor has three automatic strikes in my book: 1) She hates me. She also claims that I'm a "domineering jerk with a huge, overbearing ego." (I do have something huge. It's not my ego, though.) 2) She takes our mandatory tutoring sessions way too seriously. 3) She's sexy as hell...And a virgin.

At least, those were her strikes before our study sessions started lasting longer than they were supposed to. Until one innocent kiss became a hundred dirty ones, and until she became the first woman I ever fell hard for.

Our future together after graduation was supposed to be set:
Professional football for me. Law school for her.

But she left me at the end of the semester with no explanation, and then she completely disappeared from my life.

Until tonight.

We met on a Tuesday. 
Became everything, then nothing, on a Tuesday. 
And now it's seven years later, on a Tuesday... 










On a Tuesday is a bit of a deviation from the latest more light-hearted novellas Whitney G. released. It definitely packs some angst and I have to admit I shed a tear or three. If I had to categorize it I would say that it has way more NA characteristics than second chance contemporary romance. The reason lies in the story-telling technique as the author uses flashbacks to tell Charlotte and Grayson's story and she spends way more time in the past than the present. For some might this technique interrupt the flow, it did, however, work for me.




I loved Charlotte as a student - she was a bit of a chickenshit in regards to relationships when she was in college. Admittedly, she really had bad luck with the dudes and I couldn't blame her for keeping herself  at a safe distant from the resident man-ho. She just couldn't trust him. Her lies to keep him away from her, however fabricated they were, soon became obvious to Grayson and he totally had her number and called her out on it - I found this to be really cute and hilarious.
Today's Charlotte was bitter and really irritated me so I wanted to have a really good and valid reason for her to be so. Thankfully her bitterness was totally justified.

All these years and he still had the ability to make my world stop with a single syllable. To make my heart race with a single glance in my direction.

Grayson is the usual jock - cocky, a bit arrogant but a decent guy and sweetheart. He fell so hard for Charlotte and was so persistent in his pursuit of her -  he proved to her that she was different from all the other girls. His letter to her towards the end was perfection.

“Good choice.” She bit her bottom lip. “Okay, so, applying what you already know about feminist criticism—”
“You’re fucking gorgeous.” I interrupted her, and her cheeks turned bright pink. “I’m disappointed in myself for not meeting you sooner.”

Overall I enjoyed Charlotte and Grayson. Was it predictable? Yes. I still loved it. It has Ms. G's trademark wit, banter and smart characters. It also has the emails and letters we have come to love in this author's stories. The ending felt a tiny bit rushed and while there was an epilogue I would have loved a little bit more...of all, however, this being a Whitney G story it was absolutely enjoyable.







Follow Vanilla & Spice Books


  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9