4 STARS ✭ KATE STEWART ✭ EXCESS

| On
Friday, June 02, 2017







NINA 
When I was twenty-eight years old, I wrote my own winning lottery ticket. A simple idea thrust me onto the fast track to wealth, and into a world I had only ever dreamt about. I submerged myself in the unfamiliar, a life that seemed all too alluring … until it lost its appeal. 

I made my fortune, built my castle, and then exiled myself within its comforts once reality set in. 

Far too late, I discovered I was drowning in a sea of hungry sharks. Given the choice to sink or swim, I chose the latter … and it cost me everything. 

Devin McIntyre, the most dangerous shark of them all, was the last nail in my naïve coffin. His beautiful smile and amazing cock tainted me in ways I could have never imagined. 

I craved him. I needed him. I loved him. 

Miserable with the outcome of my prosperity, I set out to change what disgusted me most—the first decision being to rid myself of Devin. Little did I know that taking that first step would make me a slave to a man far more tempting … or that my addiction to Devin would threaten to ruin it all. 


DEVIN 
I was a prick, but I never hurt anyone that didn’t deserve it. 
Well … until Nina. 
I was a very smart man who made a very bad decision, but the mistakes I was paying for were not just my own. 
My behavior toward her, no matter how unforgivable, had always been about protecting her—from me, from my wife, and from the long line of mistakes I would never be able to rectify. 
Nina was finally done with me, and I knew it was for the best. I could finally keep her safe from depraved people like me. I needed her as far removed from the situation as possible. I tried to force myself to be content with her decision to move on … until I found out whom she was moving on with. 








My thoughts and feelings are a bit jumbled after finishing this story so I hope my review will be somewhat coherent. I am not going to summarize the plot. The synopsis is fairly self-explanatory so I posted it here. 

O what a tangled web we weave 
When first we practice to deceive.


This book was previously released as a series of novellas and when you start reading you get a lot of Nina's POV. Being the scorned woman that she is she doesn't make Devin look very good and you wonder how you will be able to root for a hero who cheats on his wife and betrays his mistress too. But of course not everything is as easy and clear-cut as it seems. 

As you move through the story you get to see Devin's POV. While some things become clearer others get more ambiguous. While Nina is reeling from the betrayal she meets a man who is just as beautiful as Devin and he seems perfect for her. 




Aiden is sweet with her, fulfills all her filthiest fantasies and gives her a run for her money. But there is also a volatile and overly possessive side about him. At first I totally rooted for Aiden but as read on I didn't know what and who to believe anymore. I had a feeling that he was too good to be true. 

She wanted me as a husband, well by God hubby was home

Devin is as filthy as they come. He knows he messed up and hurt Nina terribly but he is also full of remorse and it's easy to forgive him when you know why he did it. Devin is protective of Nina and covets her but he can only do so much when she doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. And his wife? A piece of work, I tell ya. The way he played her, retaliated and turned the game around was awe-inspiring! I loved it and him in the end!


Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned 


Yeah, I'm full of classic quotes today.

Nina is an independent, strong woman. She is divorced and no stranger to being cheated on. When she entered a relationship with Devin she didn't know that he was married. Nina has an incredibly generous side about her, she is sad quite often and she doesn't have many friends. She never found her place in society and after the scandal with Devin his wife made her a social pariah. Nina sometimes lies but she is honest where it counts. She reflects on herself and is brutally honest in her judgement. I loved her although her mood swings gave me a bit whiplash. 

This story is so full of filthy, unconventional sex. All the characters have rather dark desires and Nina doesn't mind a little bit humiliation. While this usually doesn't work for me it did this time because outside of the bedroom she was a strong character. 



When all things were uncovered my jaw dropped. While I did have a feeling that one character in particular didn't show their hand in the game I was not prepared how devious they really were. The story itself kept me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't wait to get home and continue reading. I have become a huge fan of Kate Stewart and this book only cemented why. 

Excess is a standalone.







Follow Vanilla & Spice Books

  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9