5 SERGEANT SEXY STARS ✬ KATE STEWART ✬ THE BRAVE LINE

| On
Sunday, March 19, 2017

5 SERGEANT SEXY STARS


THE BRAVE LINE


by

Kate Stewart









“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for."
 Bob Marley


PLOT INTRO


It is one of those bad summers that seems to bring out the dirt. Charleston Police have their hands full to keep the city's crime under control. It is a thankless job and cop Randall Owen Day, or how his friends call him, Rowdy, has the night shift. What keeps him going on a daily basis are his best friend, his dispatchers and guilt.

"Are you going to worry about me tonight?"

Michelle has been carrying a torch for Rowdy for two years. The guy is so hard to crack she has almost given up on him when she is invited to a bachelor party. Michelle is having a dry spell so she is more than ready for a tumble between the sheets.



Rowdy feels Michelle's pull, and he isn't blind to her beauty but not only does he not mix job and pleasure he also isn't boyfriend material and that's what she deserves.

Michelle was a 5'7'' list of things I couldn't have. 

However, when she offers a night without strings he can't resist any longer. In no uncertain times he tells her that this will be a one time thing, something he doesn't intend to repeat. Unfortunately your heart doesn't always listen to your logic and Sergeant Day keeps indulging in the sexy fruit that was actually off limits.

And looking at Michelle caused me to want and that would lead to need. 



Michelle is one of those heroines I won't forget. She is beyond strong and resilient, a survivor with enough steel to overcome life's deepest and darkest places. Her past that had her fleeing her home in California has shaped her. But she also has a softness about her, a tenderness and kindness that makes you fall in love with her. Always a comeback and the F-word on her lips she is smart and funny. Her beauty isn't only a facade, she carries a light that made me root for her throughout the story.

Rowdy is what you expect from a hot cop - pure male, bossy, super alpha and happily single. He has grace and despite his alpha-hole ways an integrity about him. Rowdy is no stranger to loss so his motifs for keeping things impersonal with women are comprehensible. From the beginning to the point when he cracks it was tangible how he kept Michelle at arm's length. The whole time I was wondering what it would take for him to move past his own hang-ups. And when the tables turned it was beautiful to see him grovel. And just as gratifying to watch Michelle putting herself first.

"One day you'll forgive me. One day. I'll wait for that day. Because I waited for you so long that I forgot what I was waiting for."

Rowdy's and Michelle's chemistry is AH-mazing. They are beyond combustible.




We were arms, legs, hips and sensation. He burned through me, yet I was insatiable for him. I would never get enough. 


This story was an emotional roller coaster and I am a fiend for those. I was captivated and it had me engaged in the character's journey from beginning to the end. There is a lot of snark and some angst. The back stories of both characters are revealed later on and my heart broke for both Michelle and Rowdy. The only thing I would have liked to see more of is the epilogue - while we do get one I'd have loved to see them further in the future. However, that's probably just me being addicted to these two. At any rate it gets the #allthefeels #allthestars tags.

Kate Stewart rocked my world with this story. I have had some of her books on my Kindle forever and never got around reading them. Time to lay low on the ARCs and focus on my TBR, right? I love this author's writing style, it is effortless, witty, with small doses of somberness that fit the atmosphere. I have found a new author to obsess about.





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9