4.5 Stars ☆ Katy Evans ☆ Commander in Chief

| On
Friday, January 06, 2017

Commander in Chief

White House #2

by

Katy Evans





“She’s the light. Walks on water”


Two months have passed since Matt has been elected and his inauguration is about to happen when we reunite with him and Charlotte. He hasn't been able to forget his girl and after a lot of second-guessing his decision to not continue his relationship with her he finally decided to go after her, damn the consequences. 

“I have met the most wonderful girl. Do you remember I told you about her on my last visit? I let her go. I let the woman I love go because I didn’t want her to go through what Mom went through. And I’ve realized that I can’t do this without her. That I need her. That she makes me stronger. I don’t want to hurt her if it’s my turn to end up here— I don’t want her to cry every night like Mother does because I’m no longer here with her. Or cry because I’m across the country and she needs me and turns around to find out I’m gone. But I can’t give her up. I’m fucking selfish, but I can’t give her up.”

Charlotte went to Europe to get over Matthew Hamilton and was just as unsuccessful. Now she is back and while she is hurting she can't help but watch with pride how Matt is sworn in. Coming face to face with him again at the inaugural ball leaves Charlotte reeling. A piece of paper changes ownership and ten minutes later she is alone with Matthew Hamilton, now the President of the United States, after two long months. 

I was so looking forward to the continuation of this epic love story. You just can't help and root for them. Charlotte is a classy girl with so much kindness in her heart. Soon she begins to understand what it means to be the President of the United States, the sorrow that comes with it, the unpopular decisions, the secrets that have to be kept for the greater good. She goes above and beyond to help Matthew that he can do his job. 

Matthew is determined to do everything to make Charlotte his. They still are hiding their love for a while, not for Matt's benefit this time, though, but for Charlotte's. He gives her time and room to come to terms with all the aspects and consequences which come with the job. 

“I’m tired of keeping you in the shadows. I want everyone to know that you’re mine. But I know what I’m asking is for you to become even more public, and possibly under scrutiny. I will wait for as long as we need to, but I’m ready to move this forward, Charlotte.

Matt is oh so swoon-worthy. He loves Charlotte unconditionally and the feeling is mutual. And this is where my problem lied. I loved this story, I loved how commanding, hot and all in Matt was. I loved Charlotte's kind heart, her determination and backbone. She enables him to be himself with her, to shed the job and just be the man. 

But again, the constant repetition of how much in love they were with one another was a tiny bit too much and kept me from giving this a full 5 stars. In the end I couldn't help but roll my eyes every time it came up. I'm a hopeless romantic and this story was indeed romantic but damn...that "I'm so in love with him", and his "I want to worship this woman" just started to grate on my nerves a bit. I also would have loved to get a little bit more of Matthew's side. The scales tipped more in favor of Charlotte in this regard. 

There is a lot of sex in this book, some might think a little bit too much. The main character's sexual chemistry was off the charts and Charlotte and Matt set my Kindle on fire. 
Overall this was a worthy and wonderful conclusion to this series and if you love real romance in your books, the one that makes you swoon and sigh and gasp, you need to read this. 

I shed more than my clothes when I’m with her. I shed every preconceived notion of who I should be. My last name, the presidency, everything is gone— only I remain. A man, flesh and blood, not perfect, but trying his damn best to be, and a man who wants her. Bad.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9