5 Chatty Girl's Sunshine Stars

| On
Sunday, November 13, 2016

MANAGED

VIP #2

by

Kristen Callihan




Gabriel "Scottie" Scott is "Kill John's" band manager. He is the person who keeps things in order. His firm control over all aspects of his friends' musical carrier is also symbolic for the control he has over his emotions. Guarding his heart has become second nature to Gabriel and the walls he has built around it are impenetrable. It is not that he doesn't feel but admitting is what gives other people an in to hurt you.

I know without a doubt that The Book of Gabriel doesn't open very often, if ever.

Sophie Darling is the person who tries not to take things too seriously. She always has a sassy comeback on her lips and since meeting this closed off beautiful man who is terrified of flying on board of a plane she can't stop rattling his cage and pushing his buttons.

"I'm stuck next to the one afflicted with an apparently incurable case of verbal diarrhea."
"Says the man who is socially constipated."


Despite the air of aloofness she glimpses something vulnerable.

Confession: I'm not a David Gandy fan. Sure, he is insanely beautiful. He has that smile that can make panties melt. What I don't like is his arrogance and attitude. Yet, he was the person I imagined as the hero of this book. Gabriel is the best version David Gandy can ever hope to be. So maybe there is a little bit of Gabriel in Mr. Gandy, who knows ;)

Gabriel is painfully guarded. So much that you want to draw him into a hug all the time and tell him to let loose. He has that super dry sense of humor that appeals so much to me, his quips had me laughing out loud in the waiting room of a hospital. People weren't happy with me!
Deep down Gabriel is also a nurturer and I love how he takes care of Sophie.

...he left me breakfast - a boiled egg, a ginger scone, and a pot of tea on a tray, all covered with a warming cloth. The note pinned on it had instructions to eat it all, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Gabriel Scott, mother hen hiding in a ten-thousand-dollar suit.

Sophie is the perfect girl to crack open his shell. She has a mouth that most of the times runs away with her, is warm and makes people laugh. She also has a spine made of steel and doesn't back down if Sophie feels she is in the right. She also owns her desire to have something real in her life and doesn't sell herself short.

I want this woman more than anything I've ever wanted in my life. But I want to keep her. I have no idea how to keep anyone close to me. Because I have no idea how to expose my heart. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading Ms. Callihan's story about Sophie and Gabriel. She created magical moments, a heroine with enough sass to reel in a jaded businessman with an ironclad control and a wonderful ultra slow-burning love story, which I'm sure I'll be re-reading in the future. The banter was insanely entertaining - I'm always in awe because I have no idea how authors come up with these dialogues. Overall 100% recommendation from this reader!

We both freeze. Well Gabriel freezes. His dick? It nudges me again, that blunt head pushing into the small of my back as if to say hello."Involuntary reaction," Gabriel says in a strangled voice. "Ignore it."
His hard-on says otherwise.
I swallow with difficulty. "Your hard dick is poking me in the ass. I can no more ignore it than if you slapped me in the face with it."
He stills, a sound gurgling in his throat. I'm about to apologize for being so crude, when he bursts out laughing.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9