5 Rude But Adorable Stars

| On
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
5 Rude But Adorable Stars



I feel a bit like I'm the last person on earth to read this book. I had it on my TBR since the first part of the serial was released. The weirdest thing, I saw all those rave reviews but I didn't pick it up - God knows why.

I knew early on, when I hit the end of the first of three parts, that I would be sad once I finished. After the second part I knew I'd end up having a major book hangover. This book is flawless. It is lovely to finish 2015 with this read and my only regret is that I can't revisit with Andrew and Aubrey again.

Aubrey is the type of heroine I adore. Smart, witty, courageous, passionate and she doesn't take shit. She has dreams, she wants to become a ballet dancer, yet she also studies law in order to appease her parents.

Andrew is the most swoon worthy asshole I've ever read about. He is crude, rude, he doesn't have a filter - at all - he says cruel things.

“She gasped. “You would snitch on me?”
“I would run my car over you.”
Despite all that...he is adorable.

“Is there anything else outside of my comfort zone that you’d like me to do for you tonight?”“Not tonight, but you could make me breakfast in the morning.”
“You’re pushing it...”
“Just in case you change your mind, I would like Belgian waffles, bacon, sliced strawberries, and orange juice.”
“Unless you want to eat all of those things off of my cock, it’s not happening.”
I have no idea how Whitney Gracia Williams made it work but work it did. I LOVED Andrew's dirty mouth, he said things that made me gasp but I thought mostly "but damn, he's not wrong".

“Contrary to your unfounded and silly assumptions, I do not have a panty fetish and I do not sleep with them over my face at night. I do, however, have a new fetish for your pussy, and if you're interested in letting me sleep with that over my face at night, feel free to let me know.”  

His motto when it comes to women is “One dinner. One night. No repeats.” He only dates women he meets online, he avoids relationships like the devil avoids holy water. And he despises lies.

“Do you normally talk as you get dressed?” I cut her off and took a seat on the bed. “I’m pretty sure it’s something that doesn’t require conversation.”

When Andrew meets Aubrey for the first time, after talking on the phone and emailing only, he realizes that she has been lying to him this whole time. His first reaction is rage, however, the attraction is still strong and he finds himself on the verge of breaking his own rule to fuck and walk away. The way Aubrey handled him was perfect - despite her giving in to him repeatedly there came a point when she made it clear that she wasn't a doormat.

I devoured this book. I was enthralled and I couldn't stop reading - I read until late night when reason finally set in and remembered that I would have to get up a few hours later. I needed to know what had happened that Andrew loathed intimacy and relationships. And when I found out my heart broke for him into a billion of tiny pieces. The end left with the extended epilogue left me completely satisfied.

Ms. Williams was a new to me author before this book. I will definitely read her back list and hope that we'll get to read more new books by her soon!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9