5 STARS ✮ THE EDGE OF US ✮ VERONICA LARSEN

| On
Thursday, July 27, 2017

THE EDGE OF US

by

Veronica Larsen


✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮







People, this is how you write a love triangle. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the trope - there is always one party who is being left behind and unhappy and usually that one is wonderful and dreamy. Oh no no no, don't be so rash, all three parties in this story are wonderful.

There is Mila - a beautiful successful young woman who was left on her wedding day without a reason. She has never had any closure, there were no signs preluding the events that happened. Weeks later she had revenge on her mind when she went out for a one night stand. Instead of sex she sobbed into the guy's neck. For hours. And the man? He held her. And the rest, as they say, is history. Drew has been her best friend since that night eight years ago. Today Mila leads maybe not a happy but a content and busy life. And lately  there has been a new, exciting undertone to Drew's and Mila's relationship and she is ready to explore it.






Locking eyes with the man you haven't laid eyes on for eight years while holding an acceptance speech for an award you've received would shock anyone. Just when things start to look up for her everything Mila worked so hard for comes apart at the seams. And there Cole only wanted to get a glimpse of the woman he has never forgotten.




Aaaah these characters were amazing. All of them. The whole lot. Mila, Cole, Drew (and Grant...but that's for later). Mila is a strong woman with an iron will, tenacious and a no-nonsense attitude. She says what's on her mind, cares deeply and tries to do right by everyone. Not much gets to her these days but when Cole comes back into her life she unravels. Who wouldn't?

I need to get him out. Out of my head, out of my skin. - Mila


I loved Mila's and Drew's connection, their sexy banter and friendship. While Drew seems mostly easygoing he is a complicated character with a matching past.

And Cole so broken, so wonderful. He was fighting so hard for his love.

In running from my demons, I ran away from the only thing that could help me tame them. - Cole

Every action by the main characters of this story has a purpose and reason. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't supposed to happen or happened for drama's sake. Even Cole's reason to leave wasn't a half-assed or extraneous one. That was quite a surprise and I really could understand why he did the things he did and didn't do the things he was supposed to do. I know. Cryptic. Bear with me. Or better yet, read the book! Anyhoo, these people felt absolutely real and I fell in love with all three of them. Oh and Grant? The resident man-ho and cocky bastard? I'm so curious about him!

This is my second book by this author and I loved my first journey with her but this one? This story is special. Veronica Larsen guides us masterfully through the story and shows us Drew's, Cole's and Mila's pain. She makes us feel the whole spectrum of emotions and care deeply for all three of the characters until she leads us to a satisfying happy end. And all the while you can't decide who to root for because Drew and Cole are equally wonderful in their own way.

I'm buried under an avalanche of need eight years tall. I never expected this to happen. How could I ever imagine she'd climb over me like this? So bold. So fucking sexy. - Andrew

Ms. Larsen's writing is impeccable and I appreciated the dry and cheeky humor that came through every now and then and relieved the angst a little bit.
I know many people don't like triangles and I always go into them feeling anxious but if they were always like that? Sign me up.


The Edge of Us is a standalone full length novel.


All teasers courtesy of the author







Follow Vanilla & Spice Books


  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9