4.5 STARS ✮ SANTINO HASSEL ✮ ILLEGAL CONTACT

| On
Thursday, August 10, 2017

ILLEGAL CONTACT
(The Barons #1)
by
Santino Hassell

✮✮✮ 4.5 STARS ✮✮✮









Six months suspension from the game  that means everything to him. Six months incarcerated in his huge but only half furnished mansion. That's the dull and upsetting prospect Gavin is facing because he punched a guy who was blackmailing his best friend. And he didn't have the best reputation to start with. Being known as sullen, grumpy and for having a volatile temper his manager is supposed to fix his image. To make his incarceration easier on him he hired a PA without Gavin's consent. He doesn't did people taking control of his life so that doesn't go over well. How is he supposed to keep the fact that he is bisexual under wraps when he has a live-in PA?


Having an affair with the boss wasn't Noah's smartest move. Especially because he blew the whistle on him for taking advantage of at-risk teens at a LGBT youth center. Noah's claims were ignored and he was fired. A PA position for a celebrity isn't exactly what he is looking for but he barely makes ends meet and beggars can't be choosers, right? After the disastrous interview during which he dropped the nugget that football players are dumb jocks  he is surprised when he is hired. 

Noah thinks Gavin is a rich guy who has it all. But that goes both ways because Gavin thinks that Noah is a privileged young college boy. What's more, Noah hates football, the one thing that means everything to Gavin. When he finds out that Noah is as poor as he was as a kid he  hires the nerdy, handsome guy. He has always been a champion of the underdog. Doesn't hurt that Noah's also very easy on the eye.

“If you think I’m going to try to spare your delicate baby eyes, I suggest you readjust your expectations. FYI— after showering, I air dry.”




Let me tell you a bit about Gavin and Noah. They are polar opposites, They both grew up poor as dirt but that's where the similarities end. Except, they both don't shy from a challenge and when they meet they clash violently.
Where Gavin is surly and grumpy, the alpha asshole of the team, Noah is geeky and has some cute quirks and a bucket load of sass. He stands up to the grumpy football player and gives as good as he gets. And let me tell you, these two give and get at every corner - at least in the beginning. Slowly they start to have a grudging respect for one another.

“Let’s just skip over the probationary crap and say you’re hired. Your corny do-gooder shit charmed me.”

When Noah realizes that Gavin is a lot of bark but no bite he becomes super protective of his boss but soon feelings start sneaking up on both and their work relationship turns into more. Noah has to deal with a dilemma though - does he really want to have an affair with his boss AGAIN? Noah really struggled for a while with his feelings and I loved that he actually gave it some thought before he gave into his feelings. Noah generally was a sweet character and I loved his integrity, thoughtfulness and loyalty but what I adored most about him was his sass and cheekiness.

Even with his scent and warmth and the power in his body turned gentle and possessive as he held me, I couldn’t shake a reoccurring thought: I’d done it again. I’d gotten swept up in emotion, because I was vulnerable to any sort of affection, and had thrown myself at a man.

Gavin grew up in the system and he really is an ass and pretty unapologetic about it. He's always on the edge but Noah calms something in him with his positive outlook and his protectiveness. And sloooowly he starts taking up more room in his mind and settles himself in Gavin's heart. And it's then that we start seeing the super-jerk's tender side. He starts to love on Noah so hard it is adorable.

“I think they both know I want you here with me, and that I never want you to leave.”
Noah slowly nodded, but otherwise his expression was still.
“When you say never, you mean . . .”
“I mean I want to be with you. Be the Lois to your Clark, as Simeon said.”
“I love the fact that you’re Lois.”
“I knew you would.”

This is a sweet slow burn romance with a highly explosive chemistry between the main characters. I loved the banter and the bro-talk. I loved the side characters almost as much as the main cast so I'm very much looking forward to the next book which will be Simeon's, Gavin's best friend.

Santino Hassell has been on my radar for a while and I'm happy I finally got around reading one of his stories. This one was perfection. I love a good sizzling MM romance, add to that my love for sports romance and I knew I had to read this one. This author's voice feels natural, I can easily picture guys talking like that. Santino Hassell, I dig you. I'm so gonna read everything on your backlist now.









Follow Vanilla & Spice Books


  



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9